Poetry

The students in our poetry minor have been creating some beautiful writing, we'd like to share it with you:

The Changeling:
Dominic Chan
Kimmy the Changeling,
A Sparlking Diamond,
A fickle Diamond
It was Luke and Chris
Today's Jeff.
Who is on the list?
Could it be me?
Don't talk to her
said Luke
Forget her? I can't
said Chris
She's so pretty
said Jeff
Kimmy the Changeling
A Sparlking Diamond
A lonely Diamond.
Tug of war:
Martin Meier
One of 400 pulling a rope
2 schools fighting eachother
everyone was pulling the hardest
the rope broke
hands burning like fire
arms full of blood
fingers winging
the world started spinning
everything turned black
Someone grabbed me
and laid me down.
Linnea Frie: (untitled)
I can see a girl.
She is spinning.
Arms are held out for keeping balance.
At the first glance she looks happy.
So satisfied and calm. She is smiling.
Next time I look at the girl, I watch
her face more carefully.
The smile is stiff.
Her eyes are 'panicly' searching for
something
And aren't their tears sparlking on
her cheeks? Small, tiny, almost invisible.
Her fists are clenched. Her feet cannot
stop.
Or is it her shoes that are keeping
her spin?
With or Without you:
Alexy Prikhodchenko
A yellow bench,
A naked tree,
An ugly branch
That looks at me
Relaxing silence.
Shining day.
The house walls
keep my bay
I sit alone.
I don't mind.
A broken glass
Reflects the sunshine.
This bay. This rest.
It used to be for me and you
Here, now, without rest
I keep our rest
With or without you
Ana Corsini (Untitled)
Saw a kid
Four years old
Playing a ball
He could be crazy for someone
He screams, he runs, he just plays
He goes everywhere
Without a limit
Without a line to cross
That's freedom
That's childhood
Leonadro Calamandrei, (untitled)
About Midday, walking around
looking for words with better sound,
Uncertain, Confused
I turn my head
To listen, to feel...
The wind's gentle breath
THAT'S IT! I FOUND IT!
There's nothing to serach:
it's all inside
DEEP
inside my heart.
My poor country:
Luka Sekularac
Anger
Fear
Mistrust
Suspicion
A Burnt and Broken Land
...
But hope lives
To build again
Upon the ruins
My beautiful country.

Comments