Eight lucky students go to the Olympic Tennis at Wimbledon!

Last Wednesday, eight lucky students were picked out of a hat to win tickets to go to the Olympic Tennis at Wimbledon. Together with two equally lucky members of staff, we headed off to London to join in with the Olympic action.





What did the students think?

"On Wednesday, one of my biggest wishes came true. I went to Wimbledon and the Olympics at the same time! I really love tennis, so I knew already how to behave in front of the tennis players. First, we saw Roger Federer playing. After his match, I went with a friend searching for some players and to see them training. Fortunately, we met two of my favourite tennis players; Thomas Berdych and Novack Djockovic. IT WAS AMAZING!!"   Guilia Tudisco (15)


"On Wednesday, I had a lot of fun. I have always wanted to go to Wimbledon. I was very lucky because I had the chance to go to the Olympics and to Wimbledon at the same time."     Ilaria Federici (14)


"I think that going to the Olympics was an amazing experience. It was great to see the Wimbledon courts and all the famous players so close to us. It was unforgettable!"    Carlos Sanchez (16)


"When we arrived at Wimbledon, my first impression was so good. I was amazes by the courts and by how many people were there. The tennis matches were incredible. I'd never seen one before so it was fantastic for me. It was cool to see all of the famous players from the different countries. It was a unique opportunity and I absolutely loved it. Fantastic!"  Cristina Blazquez Diaz (15)


"Going to the Olympics was great! It was great to have the opportunity to go and see it. The tennis players were really famous and they were good ones too! I had lots of fun with the other students!"   Deniz Calikoglu (15)


"The Olympics was a really good excursion and a great experience for all of the international students. Seeing fantastic players like Federer and Sharapova was something that none of us will ever see again. We all thoroughly enjoyed the day and seeing the Olympic tennis at Wimbledon was a once in a life-time opportunity for everyone."   Emily Stuart (Student Host)

Comments