Discovery Summer Winchester


Week 1
  •  Student Testimonial: Major class: Web design

"Last week, I chose web design because I had learned how to make a website at school and I wanted to improve my knowledge in this domain. I liked the fact that Armelle started from the beginning as not everybody had made a web site, so this was very good because I could revise the basic things.

In every class the teacher explained the steps that we had to follow and she gave us detailed worksheets, which had more information about the topic of that day. These are great as I can keep them and refer back to them in the future. In order to make the websites we used Dreamweaver and Photoshop and it was quite challenging, because I had never used them before. However, by the end of the week I felt as if I had a better understanding of them.


I managed to finish my web site in one week and it is pretty good, as is my first web site using Dreamweaver. In web design classes I discovered a lot of amazing things and I know that what I`ve learned in this one week will help me in the future".
  • Student Testimonial : Minor activity : English Workshop
"I had a great time in the English Workshop class last week. We played a lot of games in order to learn what Ross wanted to teach and everything was really interactive which helped me as usually grammar lessons can be very dry. In each class, we split in 2-3 groups depending on what we wanted to do and we discussed interesting topics that made us think. After we talked about the topic, we had a debate in which we discussed the issue from different angles. I had lots of fun, but at the same time I learnt some important skills that I will be able to use in the future".

 Week 2


  •  Major activity : Rhythm & Mime
"This class was absolutely brilliant!!! I really had a good time! With Noel, we played many games that helped us become more self- confident. We did gymnastics, we created our own stories that we had to present to the school and we did lots of other fun activities. In this class I learned lots of new and very useful vocabulary and I used my own skills in gymnastics which is something I am really keen on.

At the presentation we presented 3 sketches, we had to do some steps with sunglasses, than we recreated a library scene and we had to bring the library to life, and at for the last one we did some unique group balances. I think everyone was impressed!


I enjoyed this class because Noel knows how to make children laugh and how to make people feel comfortable in their skin"
  • Minor activity : Forensic Science

"I had some prior knowledge about this class, but I chose it because it sounded interesting and it really was.

We watched some videos and we had to look carefully at the people`s gestures and then we discussed what we had noticed. In every class we wrote something in our folders, because it was necessary.

I liked this class because I learned catchy things that will be useful in the future".


Ilie Andra, Romania






















  








Comments